Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Funny things...

Well, ... let's see if this works ... the second post went to the first two comments ... so much for old guys using computers ... should get me niece to fix all this....

Funny things... Who no one takes notice of at a Friends Meeting:
... Middle aged fellow dressed in baseball team uniform ... folks in military camouflage (me wife always taps folks in camo on the shoulder in elevators and whispers in a conspiratorial tone, "Psssst... careful... I can still see you...") ... people sitting cross legged on the benches -- yoga style, people with their breakfast on the bench next to them who take a sip of coffee or bite of bagel as they wait on the Lord, travelers just in from the desert who would die of thirst during that long long hour but for their bottle of water...
Who looks SO odd folks have to ask, "Why the costume?"... anyone in traditionally Quaker plain clothes...
Go figure...

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Way to go, Lor. I'm thrilled, and I'm going to link to you in my blog, and get you an audience. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home