Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eid Mubarak to our neighbors

hush


I attended a wonderful prayer service in Tompkins Square Park yesterday, early morning to celebrate the first day of Eid ul-Fitr, the three day feast at the end of Ramadan. The feeling of friendship and care for each other and the poor was very moving. Click on the photo to go to my Flickr page to see more photos, or pick up a copy of the Villager this week for my full story and some more photos.

Prayer Mukhlisur Rahman prepairs a clean place to pray

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Little Black Car said...

You always have amazing photographs. Do you take them yourself?

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lorcan said...

Yes, CD, I do, thanks so much for saying so. Cheers, thine in the light, lor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home