Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Anonymous "Quaker" Emails

Anonymous "Quaker" Emails

Well, my New Year's resolution is not to go off an a rant ... so I have a week to go... (no rant on thee, Quaker Ranter Friend Martin!)

How can we be present to each other when one of us sends anonymous emails to folks in the meeting? Here at 15th Street, some Friend sends Friends emails with questions signed only "Whist" (Be Quiet! in Gaelic, and not a polite way to say it, it is the equivalent of saying "Shut up" used in Irish Pubs). I've asked this Friend for a name before answering questions put, and the reply was, "There are reasons I have to remain anonymous!" HOW can there be clearance when someone hides behind a mask? I must say, I am at a loss at what some people follow as leadings... spy's for God?

End of rant,
and love to thee, Whist
where ever thee is...
who ever thee is,
what ever thee is...
I hope thee finds the courage to live in the light with other Friends.

Lor

PS In Truth, I know I will not keep this resolution anyway... ranting on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home