Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Honesty as one face of Truth...

More to come. But, so much of our language needs added clarity sometimes, a very wise young Friend and I have been laboring with my message about truth and the Underground Railroad metaphor... and we both were so called to recognize that part of the misunderstanding of Friends, and this Friend and I, of this message was that I was speaking of truth as honesty, where we are at the moment in our discernment - not truth the absolute knowing. But, even here, there is waiting needed to find unity... but what a marvelous distinction.
Bless and thank thee Friend.
lor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home