Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Coughing finally got to me today

Genie convinced me to go to the doctor... fever and the like, the coughing convinced me to back to bed... don't remember when the coughing began, over a month ago... I'll dream about going to the doctor instead.... night all.

5 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good heavens! And I think I'm bad about avoiding doctors. A cough for a month is bad, worse even than a doctor's visit, especially if accompanied by a fever. Hie thy silly self to a clinic and get seen, right quick now. A month means it's not going to go away if you chew cloves and drink hot lemon with whiskey. A fever means it may be contagious.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Elizabeth L.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger ash said...

LORCAN! get ye to a doctor, stat!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Daithí said...

Try some oregano oil in a cup of warm water.

The taste is VERY strong at first, but it works.

Use a porcelain cup. The oil clings to paper and plastic.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Rich in Brooklyn said...

Cover your bases. Chew the cloves,drink the tea (easy on the whiskey though).Try the oregano oil if you wish.

But see the doctor, too. That's my advice! (and worth every penny it costs you).

- - Rich

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Lorcan said...

thanks friends, started antibotics today... so, should be able to breath in a few days... :0
lor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home