Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Weefox Greatcoat

My new Greatcoat from WeeFox Tailors arrived. (See the post three weeks back Dec. 28th). The folks at Weefox promised the coat in three weeks (a shorter wait than jackets... a kind thoughtful thing during the winter!) and the coat arrived three weeks to the day.

It arrived on the coldest day so far, and it is a very welcome addition to my life. The quilted lining is warm and the cuffs inside the sleeves keeps the breeze from coming up my arms, and the cape adds warmth up top, where folks tend to lose heat.

It was made with real craft and care and I recommend it to plain Friends and any other plain tradition, or people who like to know that their clothing is made as an expression of faith and love.

So, once more thank'ee to the folks at Weefox.

Thyne in the light
lor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home