Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dear Friends forgive me.

To write about the state of my soul, only when I am feeling in the light, would be rather hypocritical, so forgive me, Friends who worried... and be happy for me that I am beginning to see light at the end of this tunnel, which I assume is not a freight train.

I know I have said things which are likely said in great error here, in the ramblings in which we indulge in the blogosphere, for good or bad, and forgive me any who felt hurt by these ramblings, true in the sense of ultimate truth or not, I have tried to be perhaps too honest, and sometimes one is honest and in error... a dear friend pointed out many times that none of us can know the ultimate truth but God, and I pointed out we can only be directly honest.

It is better for Friends to speak directly to each other, and I think these blogs sometimes don't do that, we speak around each other...

Were am I at the end of the day... Hmmmm.... closer to joy? yes, saved... ? I may know more what it is to be saved, and more humbled to say, I don't know... yet.

My dear love to all of you... all of you each and together.
lor

PS and a blessed graduation Ryan... dear dear fellow.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Lorcan said...

Although honesty is a challenging and at times painful way to be, I hope that you find things of great value on your journey.

Your frienship and the friendship of all on those mid week nights... was of great, great value.

lor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home