Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Contentment

Funny thing... I have been wondering why I've been feeling rather, good these days. You know, if you have a nerve triggered again and again, it just becomes numb. That's probably God's best gift... I don't know many people who have a really wonderful life, but, I do know a large number of people who achieve a splendid numbness. There isn't any sublime greatness about the difference between solitude and loneliness, that Hannah Arendt describes... rather, I think there is numbness, which is not really bad, it's just life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home