Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Friday, July 22, 2005

What a nice day... : )

Well a really good day... I am now 8 tracks into the new CD, and finished recording Maili Dhonn - and may be finished editing it... not sure, have to listen to it a number of times. Really happy with how it is beginning to sound... of all my CDs, this seems like a sound track of my soul ( OK Dyske, don't reach for that keyboard, the soundtrack of my ego... ) If this is not enough, I coughed up the huge bit of plaque that has been choking me, so if the cycle holds, I will have a few weeks or more of easy breathing! And this and that and the other thing is making me unreasonably happy... ( you too Genie... you know you do!) And all of you out there in the dear little blogisphere, here the world is going to hell in a fascist handcart and I'm having a wonderful wee day... I found a wonderful recording of King Wenslaslaus that I thought was lost, and bumped it up to wonderful fidelity, what a joy to hear members of the band laughing, added to my joy and I hope to theirs if they choose to hear it...

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Dyske said...

When a bird sings, you attribute that beauty to Nature. It doesn’t occur to you to think of that beauty to belong to the particular bird you are hearing. Instead, you credit the creator of Nature. The same should be true with human beings. If I find your singing beautiful, I don’t credit you; I credit nature in general. It is possible, therefore, for someone who is egotistical and arrogant to create something beautiful, because the beauty does not belong to that ugly ego. We often give credit to the wrong thing in this way.

Your song doesn’t come from YOUR soul. It doesn’t belong to you. It’s just part of Nature. For me, it’s just like some random bird singing.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Lorcan said...

As long as I am on the album notes! :) ( and royalties come my way... :) :) ) but serriously, it is true that my songs come from the mix of my folkloric inhertence and the life fate throws my way... so they are only a small part me... hey, I gotta run to meeting, if you are there this am, I will give you a rough cut to listen to...
Cheers
lor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home