Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Refugee not pilgrim

The road from refugee to pilgrim is for me still a dream. I thought I was a pilgrim for a long time... I thought that miracle was the coincidences that bring one closer to God... then I believed that God can teach through those around me, and was convinced of miracles... then I realized I don't have the wisdom to understand the meaning of those miracles, or the strength to accept the loss of that light when our errors are compounded by pain... and by hurt, and by others who see the pain and not the hurt and misunderstand, and judge and there is no way to explain, and now, all I can say is I don't know... and in this not knowing, all I do know is I am still a refugee and not a pilgrim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home