Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Back to work...

Well, here's Kelly and I doing a gig last night... good responses from the audience, Kelly was brilliant, she is really finding her voice in this music. Did a wee gig on my own this afternoon, and had some interesting things said... more on this soon I hope.

It is very hard to allow myself to hope again... music, well... easy to get really hurt at it.

Lorcan Otway & Kelly Wallace Barnhill - Sorcha Dorcha

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger ash said...

I think the person above is almost certainly a scientist of much wisdom.

I am very glad to hear you are singing again! Now maybe the prophesy that is a former CD title will, indeed, come to pass ;o)

And I look forward to the best, if what I've heard so far isn't it!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Me, too! I'm glad you're playing again, and I hope that it's bringing you joy. Yodel, sing, feel that thread of The Music running through you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home