Plain in the city

A plain Quaker folk singer with a Juris Doctorate in his back pocket, salt in his blood, and a set of currach oars in the closet, Ulleann Pipes under his arm, guitar on his back, Anglo Irish baggage, wandering through New York City ... in constant amaze. Statement of Faithfulness. As a member of the Quaker Bloggers Ad Hoc Committee I affirm that I will be faithful to the Book of Discipline of my Meeting 15th Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Anger

Discipline thyself against the childishness of anger, anger occasions conflict - occasions war blinds us all to God in each other.

I lost my temper this week, and am angry at a Friend who repeated gossip to me, this week, gossip about me and another Friend, gossip unsupported by fact, and I am looking for a way to say I am sorry for my anger.

I have admitted to the sin of pain, the sin of loss of joy in my life. But those sins don't occasion conflict. Anger is one of the greatest sins as it divides us from God in others, and blinds us to forgiveness and understanding and often to the truths we fear the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home